market-farming - Re: questions for the group - farmers market association

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon AT mindspring.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: Re: questions for the group - farmers market association
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 18:55:22 -0500

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 08:25:11 -0600, "Bill Shoemaker"
<wshoemak AT inil.com> wrote:
>NAFDMA is a national group of farmers who want an organization and forum
>(annual conference) that is devoted to helping them improve the
>direct-marketing approach.

Thanks very much Bill, for the very complete explanation. I like the
umbrella approach that direct marketing groups and resources offer.
I would like to start collecting links to such resources on the web to
put in my website; will probably do a special collection on direct
marketing. I was involved in starting an educational nonprofit
years ago called Piedmont Organic Growers; we had many meetings and
prepared a lot of documentation including bylaws and got nonprofit
status but failed to keep it going because we didn't have enough
members and were each separated by too much mileage. We should have
gone for trade association instead, most likely. We still need
something like this in this central North Carolina area, huge
potential for direct sales of locally-grown produce. Anyone on this
list from my area who would be interested in reviving this
organization?

Lawrence

Lawrence F. London, Jr.<->Venaura Farm<->ICQ#27930345
mailto:lflondon AT mindspring.com<->mailto:london AT ibiblio.org
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech<->http://www.ibiblio.org/permaculture
http://www.ibiblio.org/intergarden/orgfarm<->http://www.freetibet.org
PRESERVE AND PROTECT OUR LAND, SOIL, WATER, AIR & WILDLIFE