market-farming - Re: Quality of the list, unsubscribes, personal restraint

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon AT mindspring.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: Re: Quality of the list, unsubscribes, personal restraint
  • Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 13:44:19 -0500

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000 11:46:42 -0800, "Rose & Fred Lieberman"
<pyrite AT clarityconnect.com> wrote:

>Personally, I find this list delightful, informative, educational. I meet
>people of all levels of experience and opinion. And, remarkably - as in
>academia - there are solid reasons why everyone does what they do.
>The messages are voluminous, but might I suggest that you sort according to
>"subject" and delete en-masse what doesn't serve or interest?

This is a great suggestion. Learn to use the full capability of your
chosen mail reader(s), news reader(s) and web browser(s). This list
is fully accessable by all three of these client software packages.
The web and email interfaces differ from news in their ability to send
commands to the server for sub/unsub and user config changes.

You'd be surprised what Lyris can do and what your client software can
do as well.

>I'd hate to see the list slow down because people start second-guessing
>themselves.

>I can't even begin to guess how much I've REALLY LEARNED in just this past
>week alone.

So have I. This list is getting like the old Usenet newsgroups
covering, primarily, an academic heirarchy of subjects, vital to one's
profession, career, and not lastly, economic survival.
Lawrence F. London, Jr. Venaura Farm
http://metalab.unc.edu/intergarden InterGarden
http://metalab.unc.edu/permaculture PermaSphere
http://metalab.unc.edu/intergarden/orgfarm AGINFO
lflondon AT mindspring.com london AT metalab.unc.edu