market-farming - Remineralization - resources

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon AT mindspring.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: Remineralization - resources
  • Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 13:15:42 -0500

From: "Wm Hurrle" <wmh AT online.dct.com>
To: <bdnow AT envirolink.org>
Subject: Re: Basalt dust
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 08:10:57 -0600

Dear All,

Rock dusts: The magazine is Remineralize the Earth, 152 South St.,
Northampton, MA 01060, 413-586-4429, -6064 fax, ReminEarth AT aol.com.
Three issues a year for $25. This is 1996 information.
The Survival of Civilization by John D.Hamaker & Donald A. Weaver,
ISBN 0-941550-00-1, Hamaker-Weaver Publishers,
POB 1961, Seymour, MO 65746, $12.
This is a remarkable book.

The oldest information on the subject I know is the 1894 monograph,
Bread from Stones, by Julius Hensel. I got a mimeo copy translated
from the German from Health Research, POB 70, Mokelumene Hill, CA
95245.

Another source is The Enlivened Rock Powders by Harvey Lisle, 4427
State Rt.601, Norwalk, OH 44857, $15 + $1.50 s&h. I've not read this
book. ACRES, usa, is into it. Christopher Bird also wrote about
remineralization. I think ATTRA has a publication on it, too.

Soil microbes need the widest menu of elements possible to be healthy.
Correct management of the carbon cycle is not enough. Since the last
glacier ground and distributed rock dust, precipitation and our lousy
ag have leached elements out of the soils. To keep them healthy rock
dust ammendments are needed. There are numbers of businesses devoted
to supplying special rock dust conditioners. The aggregate industry
is aware of the ag use of fines that are otherwise a drag on their
operations. Contact the state associations. Remin the Earth will send
a list of them for $1 and a SASE. There are outfits in Europe and
Australia that sell minerals, too.

Regards,

Wm Hurrle

Lawrence F. London, Jr. Venaura Farm
http://metalab.unc.edu/intergarden InterGarden
http://metalab.unc.edu/permaculture PermaSphere
http://metalab.unc.edu/intergarden/orgfarm AGINFO
lflondon AT mindspring.com london AT metalab.unc.edu

  • Remineralization - resources, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 02/02/2000