internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Free or open-source desktop publishing software?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Childers.Paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: djrousseau AT nc.rr.com, internetworkers-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Free or open-source desktop publishing software?
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 11:09:38 -0500

I agree, Scribus.  Not a huge learning curve, very capable package.  I was doing some work through my college promoting use of free-and-open-source software for nonprofits, and this was one of the ones on our list.  It has enough similarity to programs like M$ Publisher that it's easy for light users to pick up and go.

Cheers!
Paula