internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] OT: URGENT: H.129 to be heard in Thursday's Finance Committee!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Mark Turner <jmarkturner AT gmail.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] OT: URGENT: H.129 to be heard in Thursday's Finance Committee!
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 16:05:38 -0400

Sorry, I've been trying not to flood people's inboxes, and at the same time I'm beginning to realize the futility of it all.

H.129 passed the House today 80-32, according to Laura Leslie's Tweets:
http://twitter.com/#!/NCCapitol/status/50985467868491776

I gave up hope for defeating it after yesterday's Finance committee and haven't even paid attention to today's floor debate. I'm convinced Tillis put the squeeze on every GOP committee member ahead of time and the result was a forgone conclusion right from the start.

It seems to me that the current majority is hell-bent on selling off everything in this state to the highest bidder. We're in for some dark days, folks. :-/

Mark