internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Wiping a Hard Drive; Backup Options

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Wiping a Hard Drive; Backup Options
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 17:20:49 -0400

On 8/28/2010 4:57 PM, cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com wrote:
Hi Folks,

I have a few questions on erasing a hard drive and backing up everything on
my machines.

I want to give a PC to someone, but want to wipe everything off the hard
drive before I do it. I think that the Norton Ghost product can do this and
also offers a backup option.

Have any of you used this product for either/both of these tasks? For the
backup option, will it backup and relatively effortlessly restore my Outlook
folders?

Thanks much to anyone who can provide any information!

Colleen

If I was doing it, I might just buy another drive and copy everything over to it. Even better if you can find someone who has some old spares.
Ghost will do it, but a drive might be about the same cost and you
don't need to do much exploring in the software.

I think you can download a disk wipe program for free. Like
<http://www.diskwipe.org/>

Good luck, Roger
--
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/8/a4/60