internetworkers - [internetworkers] Wiping a Hard Drive; Backup Options

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: <cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Wiping a Hard Drive; Backup Options
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 16:57:43 -0400

Hi Folks,

I have a few questions on erasing a hard drive and backing up everything on
my machines.

I want to give a PC to someone, but want to wipe everything off the hard
drive before I do it. I think that the Norton Ghost product can do this and
also offers a backup option.

Have any of you used this product for either/both of these tasks? For the
backup option, will it backup and relatively effortlessly restore my Outlook
folders?

Thanks much to anyone who can provide any information!

Colleen