internetworkers - [internetworkers] Bob Moog Foundation raffles Lou Reed's Moog Guitar

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Bob Moog Foundation raffles Lou Reed's Moog Guitar
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 13:36:34 -0500

A little well-meaning spam for your consideration:

I'm on the Board of the Bob Moog Memeorial Foundation for Electronic Music. This week we are raffling a Moog Guitar originally owned by Lou Reed.

The Bob Moog Foundation exists to perpetuate electronic music technology pioneer Bob Moog. We are preserving and working to make his research archives publicly available. We are developing a K-6 school curriculum to teach science in the public schools through music (and introducing music through teaching science). It's a great organization and I am proud to be a part of it.

This is no ordinary electric guitar. The Moog Guitar employs circuits that use the magnetic resonance of the guitar's pickups to extend or dampen sustain -- think /infinite/ sustain -- and do other crazy things that a regular guitar just can't. It is /not/ a guitar synth.

$50.00 buys a chance to win one owned and autographed by Lou Reed. If you're a guitarist or into innovative music, don't pass up this opportunity. And please pass the word.
http://moogfoundation.org/2010/bmf-to-raffle-lou-reeds-moog-guitar/

Thanks!

Thomas
Thomas A. Beckett "At the intersection of business & creativity."
828-713-1668 Hendersonville & Asheville, North Carolina
Law Offices of Thomas A. Beckett, PLLC <http://www.tbeckett.com>

  • [internetworkers] Bob Moog Foundation raffles Lou Reed's Moog Guitar, Thomas Beckett, 03/10/2010