internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Zenni

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Zenni
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:59:12 -0400

Cristóbal Palmer wrote:
How do we know the $240 pair at the local shop weren't made under
sweatshop conditions?

Oh, the optician whom made my <*ahem*> bifocals described in great detail everything he was going to have to do to make them refract correctly. And why they were going to be so expensive. He may have been shitting me and outsourced them to Asia, but I doubt it.

Optical grinding is kind of a highly-skilled activity. I was joking about the sweatshops. I more wonder if there isn't a new technology that makes it cheaper.

Thomas

Thomas A. Beckett, JD & MBA Business Law and Consulting
828-713-1668 Hendersonville & Asheville, North Carolina
Law Offices of Thomas A. Beckett, PLLC <http://www.tbeckett.com>