internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Some electronics hacking

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: dave.m.parker AT gsk.com
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Some electronics hacking
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 13:41:08 -0400

Thanks all. I'm going to take a look at the instructions Steve linked to. I'm not worried about the warranty, because it's already lapsed.
____________________

Dave Parker
Artwork Operator
Regional Service Center
GlaxoSmithKline
RTP, USA
(919)483-3203
Dave.M.Parker AT gsk.com

"Scott Chilcote" <scottchilcote AT earthlink.net>
Sent by: internetworkers-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org

23-Jun-2009 12:46

Please respond to "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>

"Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
cc
Subject

dave.m.parker AT gsk.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a combination CD player/turntable/everything else that my wife
> gave me for Christmas. It's one of those made for oldsters, the one that
> looks like an old Victrola without the horn on top. Anyway, it doesn't
> have a headphone jack, and I really want to be able to use headphones.
> The question for any former/current Radio Shack regulars who may be in
> the group is: can I install my own headphone jack? My elecronics genius
> son can help me do the work, as long as we know it's possible.

Hi Dave,

Jeremy Portzer beat me to it, he gives good advice.  Using the line
level audio output is the best option (if available), and does not
require opening up the box and potentially voiding the warranty.

A fancier option would be to search around on line for a headphone
amplifier that you could plug into the line level outputs.  An example
is here:
http://www.amazon.com/Ramsey-SHA1C-Stereo-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B0002NRL7U

Although that one is a kit, I've also seen pre-built ones.

Good luck with your project,

Scott C.
---
Come and play at the InterNetWorkers Web site!  http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/