internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Time Warner to meter users' Internet traffic

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Greg Brown <gwbrown1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Time Warner to meter users' Internet traffic
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 15:11:03 -0400

7.25 hours of online video a week (a fraction of the 60 hours Americans spend watching TV in a week) could end up spending $200 per month on broadband usage fees.

That SUCKS!!!

I watch way more Roku content than 7.25 hours a month.

If the commute were not so unfathomable I'd move to Wilson just for Greenlight.

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 3:07 PM, zman <zman AT shell.neverwhere.org> wrote:
On Fri, 3 Apr 2009, Greg Brown wrote:
> What about Earthlink?  Are they going to cap usage as well?

I would think that since their stuff runs on the TWC network you'll see ti
there as well. It's all about TWC not seeing what was coming and being
complacent in delivering digital content. Now they want a piece of it.

Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com
Rod-O-Rama http://www.rod-o-rama.com
Vagabonds C.C. http://www.vagabonds.cc
'57 Buick Riviera, '60 International B100
'23 Buick Roadster, '38 Buick Coupe
'90 Ducati 750 Sport
---
Come and play at the InterNetWorkers Web site!  http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/