internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] ccna testing

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Jim Ray" <jim AT neuse.net>
  • To: <bobkucera AT verizon.net>, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] ccna testing
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 11:31:02 -0500

I'm in. I've got 2 other employees that may also be interested. It would
be cool to try to develop something via Skype conference. This past
month, we used Skype to communicate (4 hr video conference) while
configuring Cisco routers simultaneously in Italy and the US at a
customer's Cary location. I really hate the command line yet think those
Cisco devices are bullet proof and worth investing some time.

I don't know what capacity we have with Skype yet know I was able to
orchestrate the sharing of a PC screen that had the console cable bolted
up to a Cisco router, use chat to transfer text configurations and help
bridge communications since my Italian is very poor plus use audio with
5 people in 5 cities across the globe with no long distance fees and no
problems with dropped calls.

I think if it were just the 2 of us, it would help us hold each other to
an agenda. If more wanted to join, the capacity is in place up to a
limit.

Regards,

Jim Ray, MCSE
President
Neuse River Networks
919-838-1672
http://www.neuserivernetworks.com

Neuse River Networks, based in Raleigh, NC, is redefining IT Outsourcing
with its Managed Services ONE Plan that automates computer processes to
provide proactive computer networking solutions for businesses. The ONE
Plan is designed to manage your computer network so you don't have to.
Neuse River Networks has been developing client trust since 1997 by
applying expertise in Computer Networking and offering superlative
service.