internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] site-built shed

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Childers.Paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] site-built shed
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 10:42:18 -0400

Well, I dunno about hiring a site-built, because I'd be willing to bet
you'll pay many thousands to have the work done. If you plan to do it
yourself, kits aren't a bad idea, but there are plenty of cheap or free
plans available for the "standard" stick-framed shed. Unless you plan
to hang heavy objects from the ceiling, I see no need for a steel frame.
Plastic is too lightweight, and usually too small to do you any good.

We purchased our shed from, uh, I think it's called Truck Outfitters -
they are on Roxboro Rd just south of the Oxford Commons Wal-Mart, across
the street from the huge tienda. They have a gravel lot in back with all
kinds of example sheds. You pick what you want, it's built for you at
the factory and delivered in a week or two. They bring it on a trailer
behind a pickup truck, and move it into place using PVC pipe rollers
(wildest thing I've seen in a long time!). Foundation is up to you, and
needs to be ready when the shed arrives. Good to note: If it's smaller
than a certain size, it's exempt from zoning regs in most places, but
best to ask the local Planning Dept anyway.

Good luck!
Paula