internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Honda Accord catalytic converter advice

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lance A. Brown" <lance AT bearcircle.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Honda Accord catalytic converter advice
  • Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 16:15:36 -0400

zman wrote:
What they are saying is that the aftermarket cats aren't as efficient as the factory ones. Your car takes the reading from the first o2 sensor on the exhaust manifold, then from the second one which is post cat. This is where your problem lies. The cat isn't doing it's job and the sensors tell the tail. The aftermarket ones I've used seem to do ok and solve the problem. I've used both Magnaflow and Catco on imports. I got them through Summitracing.com Didn't seem to be any problems.

A further question. Do I need to worry about getting a part certified for California emission standards? There are lots of third part catalytic converters, but it seems almost none of them are CA certified.

--[Lance]

--
GPG Fingerprint: 409B A409 A38D 92BF 15D9 6EEE 9A82 F2AC 69AC 07B9
CACert.org Assurer