internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] UPS Batteries

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] UPS Batteries
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 11:59:59 -0800

Happy New Year, David!

I have had several good experiences buying both UPS devices and replacement batteries from RefurbUPS.com. Sorry I don't have a local recommendation.

Best,
David M.

On Jan 2, 2008, at 9:11 AM, David Minton wrote:

Happy New Year Internetworkers!

Does anyone know a good (i.e. inexpensive) local source for sealed batteries
for use in a UPS? I have a bunch of APC Smart UPS 1400s that need new
batteries, and I am trying to avoid having them shipped, since they cost
about $25 a set to ship.

I tried Batteries Plus, but they charged twice as much as I can order them
for.

Anyone local have a source? I am hoping to pay about $60/set.

Thanks,
David