internetworkers - [internetworkers] Duke and UNC water astroturf fields

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Tanner Lovelace" <clubjuggler AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Duke and UNC water astroturf fields
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:07:22 -0400

So, Durham, NC has 69 days of water reserves remaining. Orange county has
180. So, what to Duke and UNC think is a good use of what little remaining
water we have?

Use it to water fields of astroturf.

I kid you not.

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071019/NRSTAFF/71019017
http://www.newsobserver.com/weather/drought/story/742218.html
http://digg.com/offbeat_news/Extreme_drought_doesn_t_stop_Duke_University_from_watering_its_astroturf

This is the most INSANE, LUDICROUS, and *STUPID* think I have ever
heard. I don't care if their International (field) Hockey Federation rules
stipulate they have to do it. They should withdraw from the league if
they hold them to that rule. This is a matter of life and death (if we run
out
of water) and yet Duke and UNC are so short-sighted that they go out
and water astroturf!!!!

The mind boggles.

--
Tanner Lovelace