internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Web Screen Captures -- Failing Recently

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jeremy Portzer <jeremyp AT pobox.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Web Screen Captures -- Failing Recently
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 20:59:53 +1000

John Broome wrote:
On 9/29/07, Colleen McCarthy <cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com> wrote:
Hi Folks,

Recently, using cntl+print screen or alt+print screen to copy Web pages and
paste them into documents (primarily Word and Outlook) is not working.
Either I don't get anything, or I get all the sections separately-- a real
mess.

I'm running XP and using Office 2003. Most often I use Explorer as my
browser. This combination has worked to give me good screen shots until the
last month or so. Does anyone know what might be causing the screen shots
to either not capture, or capture the screen in sections?

When i was wandering through windows land i discovered Gadwin
PrintScreen. It's a dedicated screencap program that sits in your
tray until you need it.

It also allows you to grab a specific window instead of the whole
screen, which cuts down on cropping later on.

Isn't that what Alt-Printscreen does already? Not sure why you'd need separate software just for that. But some software does have features that allow you to "draw" on your screen to select an even smaller section, however.

Colleen - since what you get when you grab a screenshot with printscreen or alt-printscreen is an image, you may want to try, for testing purposes, to past it into an image editing program, rather than a word processor. The simplest one would be MS Paint which is found under accesssories.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "capture the screen in sections" - can you post an example perhaps?

Thanks,
Jeremy