internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Website search problems, and phone headsets

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Cristóbal Palmer" <cristobalpalmer AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Website search problems, and phone headsets
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 10:26:47 -0400

Back in the day work provided me with a wired Plantronics headset &
amp. Loved them. At the time I priced that combo at about $120.

As for the search, I've always found google's "site:" syntax to be
pretty good. in your case your search string would be:

headset site:http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/internetworkers/

...which comes up with several relevant threads. You were probably
looking at ibiblio.org/internetworkers instead of
lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/internetworkers.

Cheers,
CMP

On 9/28/07, Gregory S. Hopper <ghopper AT netanium.com> wrote:
> Hi, folks.
>
> I'm in the market for a headset for my office phone, and I was looking for
> recommendations. I thought I'd go to the INW website and search the
> archives before posting. Well, I searched on "headset" and got no results
> (lots of ad links, tho). I thought that was sort of odd, so to test the
> search engine, I typed in "Apple", figuring that someone, sometime, must
> have mentioned that. Nope. Got three hits -- two with "apply" and one with
> "appeal". All of which were from 2002. Then I clicked on "Home" and got a
> very amusing 404 page, which has "Your page couldn't be found" in several
> dozens of languages, including Mac User, where it is translated as "If you'd
> been using a Mac, this wouldn't have happened", which is very funny in its
> own right, and funnier still because I AM using a Mac.
>
> So....I have two questions. One is whether or not anyone has any
> recommendations for headsets (I'm particularly interested in wireless ones
> like the Plantronics CS55 and the GN Netcom 9120) and if there are any
> interference issues with wireless networks (I've had one report of such a
> problem).
>
> The other is how to search the archives.
>
> Thanks,
> Greg
>

> Gregory S. Hopper
> CEO
> Netanium Strategic Consulting, LLC
>
> Marketing Innovation. (tm)
>
> Weblog: http://marketinginnovation.typepad.com
> Website: www.netanium.com
>
> 9650 Strickland Road, Suite 103-256
> Raleigh, NC 27615
>
> Phone: (919) 846-3608
> Fax: (248) 692-0561

Cristóbal M. Palmer
celebrating 15 years of sunsite/metalab/ibiblio:
http://tinyurl.com/2o8hj4