internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] InterNetWorkers Digest, Vol 56, Issue 10

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jason Tower <jtower AT cerient.net>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] InterNetWorkers Digest, Vol 56, Issue 10
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:42:14 -0400

as someone else (tanner?) pointed out, featuretel does a great job of providing hosted voip solutions. you just need a internet connection and some phone money, they handle the rest. the only catch is that you must have a good internet pipe, preferably with qos on the router/firewall. we frequently work with featuretel customers to set that kind of thing up on the client end if they don't have it already.

or if you want an in-house solution we can set you up with an asterisk-based phone system that runs internally. there are pros and cons with either setup, the ideal solution depends on your specific needs and expectations. we're been running our own asterisk system for a couple of years and absolutely love it.

jason (from cerient)