internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Where to Buy Computer Components

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Where to Buy Computer Components
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 14:43:27 -0400

Calvin Powers wrote:
I need to buy a PCMCIA USB 2.0 card. I bought one at the Durham Best Buy
yesterday and the thing didn't work. A pox on Dynex and Best Buy for wasting
half of my day trying to get the damn thing to work. Eventually even their
tech support said take it back to the store. Loathe to try Best Buy again,
where in the Durham/Chapel Hill/RTP area is a good place to by computer
components like this?

Back in the day, I'd head over to the RTP Stay Online, but they don't seem
to exist in Google Maps. Does anyone know if they are still around?

I've bought stuff at Intrex on Glenwood Ave before with good
results so far. I would be sad to see Stay Online disappear.
--
Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including
the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet, now available in velcro.