internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] High speed internet connection for church

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Magnus <magnus AT trilug.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] High speed internet connection for church
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 20:13:44 -0400

Mark Turner wrote:
> What we REALLY need is to get together and create our own wireless networks!

Wireless right now is probably a bit of a dead-end if you want to
leapfrog the rest of the world. Fiber is really the only way to go.
Wireless mesh networks have too much latency, too many RFI issues, and
really not all that much bandwidth.

Fiber to the home. That's the only solution we could really implement
today as a last-mile network that wouldn't be obsolete the moment it was
installed.