internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] hosting for a non-profit -- RTPnet

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "stan briggs" <stanbriggs AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] hosting for a non-profit -- RTPnet
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 14:30:35 -0400

judy,

the server that you provide sounds like a hosted solution (you provide the server/services). do you guys have any accommodations for a non-profit that brings their own server (a 3U) to the table or is that outside of your offerings?

thanks,
stan

On 6/15/07, Judy Hallman <hallman AT email.unc.edu> wrote:
matusiak wrote:
> Isn't this what RTPnet does?  <http://www.rtpnet.org/>

Yes! Thanks to those who have suggested RTPnet.

But we aren't free. We now pay $500/month for ISP services, including
Internet access and system support. That may seem like a lot, but we get
a lot of good service from Amnon Nissan and his staff at Deltaforce
Technologies. With only about 125 members at roughly $60 each, that
doesn't leave a lot of money left to put back into helping local
community groups with their technology needs.

As you'll see at http://www.rtpnet.org/hosting/ , $60/year will give you
not only Web space, but also email lists. And a very responsive support
team.

I know of one  RTPnetmember that passes the hat every couple of years
and renews their membership as far as those resources allow.

I'm coping Amnon <amnon AT deltaforce.net>. Feel free to contact either of
us if you have any questions.

Judy
---

> On Jun 15, 2007, at 1:00 PM, stan briggs wrote:
>
>> all,
>>
>> am i way off-base trying to find a hosting company that will host a
>> non-profit organization for free? not a non-profit like bcbsnc but
>> a real one like the oBoJ Foundation.
>>
>> does anyone have experience as either the hoster or the hostee?
>>
>> thanks,
>> stan
>

> ---
> Come and play at the InterNetWorkers Web site!   http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/
> To unsubscribe visit http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/internetworkers

---
Come and play at the InterNetWorkers Web site!  http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

Stan B. Briggs
+1-919-414-9513
www.oBoJ.org: openBBQ/openJam is the open source community coming together for the benefit of society. our events and work are for the purpose of raising awareness, raising funds, and performing activities for good causes. participation is open to all who wish to support worthwhile public causes.