internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Good, independent service for Toyota Prius in Cary area

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Brian Daniels <bitmage AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Good, independent service for Toyota Prius in Cary area
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 14:21:47 -0500

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 01:47:44PM -0500, tkarches AT imapmail.org wrote:
> We just purchased a new Toyota Prius, and I'm not particularly
> interested in driving from Cary to the other side of Raleigh for routine
> maintenance.
>
> Any recommendations?

This is probably not what you wanted, but...

We also just got a new Prius. While exploring priuschat.com, I found that
the
husband of a poster there is the head hybrid tech at Toyota of Durham on
15/501.
The recommendation was to ask for 'Doug' to do the work on your car when
scheduling the appointment.

We've only had ours for a few weeks, so I haven't had a chance to test this,
but
at least the tech owns a Prius himself...

On the negative side, Fred Anderson in Raleigh (where we bought the car)
delivered it with the tires 7lbs underinflated, and didn't set up the tire
pressure warning system. So we had badly low tires, and disabled
notifications
of same. Luckily we caught it, but it didn't make for a good first
impression
of their service department.

--Brian

--
Be it thy course to busy giddy minds
With foreign quarrels; that action, hence borne out,

Brian Daniels bitmage AT bellsouth.net
http://www.eviloverlord.net