internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Document Shredder Rentals ?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Craig Duncan <craigduncan AT entuend.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Document Shredder Rentals ?
  • Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 19:29:53 -0400

matusiak wrote:

Hello all --

I know about 96% of the US population owns their own home shredders nowadays, but I really have zero interest in adding another space- taking electrical device to my household. Instead, I have been looking for a place that will rent one to me for a day or two.

Unfortunately, www.rent-a-shredder.com is down hard with no indication of when it will be back online. Everything else I'm finding on web searches indicates I can have a giant truck pull up and shred a metric ton of garbage in an hour for about $1,300 USD. I can also box everything up and FedEx it to some "safehouse" across the country where they will securely shred everything and send me video of the whole process.

I guess you just can't go down to Scott's Rent-Alls and rent a shredder for the weekend like you can with a Garden Weasel or a band saw. Anyone got suggestions for a temporary shredding solution? I would prefer it to be on the stronger end of the spectrum so I don't have to feed it one sheet of paper at a time.

Thanks!
dave m.

http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

I am sure that a match (or box of) is pretty cheap. Burn it baby! But not near your house, that could be costly ;-)

Craig Duncan