internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Using cell phones in UK/Europe

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tony Spencer <tony AT tonyspencer.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Using cell phones in UK/Europe
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 08:56:06 -0400

Without a GSM phone you're out of luck. I have a small Sony Ericsson with a
working pay-as-you-go Orange UK SIM card in it that I'll be happy to loan
you. Its ready to go (minus a battery charge) and you can 'top it up' at
many places including online.

Give me a ring if you want to come get it. Unfortunately I only have the UK
plug charger so you'll have to find a way to get a charge to it here if you
want it to be ready as soon as you land.

I'd buy hard cases for the photo equipment and check it. Shipping overnight
to the UK is mega expensive.

Tony