internetworkers - [internetworkers] Using cell phones in UK/Europe

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Using cell phones in UK/Europe
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 08:48:58 -0400

I'm leaving to photograph a wedding in the UK tomorrow, and am trying to figure out what to do about cell phone usage. Obviously my RAZR V3 isn't going to function, so I'm trying to figure out what's the best thing to do. Has anyone traveled over there and worked this out? A friend mentioned using a "SIM card" in Italy, which I googled, but I don't see how that could possibly work with a RAZR with no card slot.

My main concern has been how to get my equipment over and back safely given the ban on carry-on luggage for the return flight, and I left this little problem for last.

Thanks,

Michael

Michael Czeiszperger
Chapel Hill, NC