internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Adding Memory: How Much; Searching Windows for Folders

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lyman Green" <lymang AT gmail.com>
  • To: cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Adding Memory: How Much; Searching Windows for Folders
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 13:51:54 -0400

If money is not a big issue and/or the chips are not that expensive I
recommend putting as much memory as you can afford in your laptop.
That's a generic statement and I would say it's true for any OS and
any laptop as a general rule. The only drawback I'm aware of to more
memory (Windoze specific) is a larger swap file and larger hibernation
file but drive space is usually not an issue anymore.

Newer Intel videocards in laptops will also like more ram and will use
system ram to help in tasks.

Lyman