internetworkers - [internetworkers] Adding Memory: How Much; Searching Windows for Folders

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Colleen McCarthy" <cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers@Lists. Ibiblio. Org" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Adding Memory: How Much; Searching Windows for Folders
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:46:22 -0400

Title: Adding Memory: How Much; Searching Windows for Folders

Hi Folks,

Thanks to everyone for the help with copying a distribution list!  Once I started with a non-nested distribution list, copying it was simple.

I have two more questions…  Question one:

I have 256 K of memory in my laptop.  I want to increase it, but really don't know how much more I need.  I have one open slot, and I can put in another 256 K,  512 K, or 1G.

Right now I'm not doing a lot with graphics.  I may use Flash in the future, but probably not extensively.  I can't think of many applications that I run that use a lot of memory.

Can those of you who are graphic artists/Web designers/Web developers tell me how much memory you have (or feel you need)?  Can some of you who use memory-intensive applications tell me what those apps are and how much memory you have (or feel you need)?  If any of you are running with 512 and think that that's fine, can you please let me know that, also?

Question two:

Is there a way to tell Windows that you want to look for a folder (not a file, a folder)?  This is a Windows folder…

Thanks!

Colleen

(h) 919.460.0641
(c) 919.349.4015