internetworkers - [internetworkers] Warner Brothers to sell movies through BitTorrent

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Warner Brothers to sell movies through BitTorrent
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 14:58:16 -0400

http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/siliconvalley/14533156.htm

"The companies did not specify a date but said the service will be offered starting this summer. Pricing is also undetermined, although individual TV shows could be priced as low as $1 and movies will be sold for about the price of buying a DVD, BitTorrent said."
Why in the world do they think people are going to pay the same thing for a downloadable movie, only to be restricted to playing it on a single computer? At least with iTunes you're getting a discount from the price of the shrink-wrapped version.

You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe. - J. Michael Straczynski

  • [internetworkers] Warner Brothers to sell movies through BitTorrent, Michael Czeiszperger, 05/09/2006