internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] OT: (if there was ever a "T") what's the strangest thing you've seen on amazon?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: childers.paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] OT: (if there was ever a "T") what's the strangest thing you've seen on amazon?
  • Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 12:15:34 -0400

I recall seeing an auction for a very old human skull that had been
carved with what appeared to be some kind of Asian occult symbols. It
was being sold as some kind of religious relic, but I think Amazon
yanked the listing under their "no human body parts" policy - although I
really don't think this quite should have qualified under the same sort
of restriction umbrella as, say, selling one of your own kidneys. More
like, not offending a particular religious/cultural group by selling
their holy relics, although I'd bet it still happens all the time on
there. Certainly they allow auctions of Anasazi pots and artifacts,
for example.

Paula