internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] How to install Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Manager on

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "jeremy snyder" <halffinn AT hotmail.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] How to install Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Manager on
  • Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 19:57:29 +0000

tony,

the complaint is that "the sql server 2000 standard edition server copmonent is not supported on this OS. only client components are available for installation"

someone else had told me to use the developer edition, but i can't see where to choose that? i'm probably missing something very basic. on the autorun screen, the choices are server components, client components or OLAP.

btw, the site is devloped in asp.net, and yes, it runs on iis. i can use web-based front-ends to connect, but they're missing some of the items i need, like script full database, etc.

thanks,
jeremy