internetworkers - [internetworkers] How to install Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Manager on Windows XP Pro?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "jeremy snyder" <halffinn AT hotmail.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] How to install Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Manager on Windows XP Pro?
  • Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 19:32:32 +0000

Hi,

I know this one may be a long shot, but here goes.

I have the following situation:

A remote developer did some work for us and built a demo site on a remote web hosting company's platform. We need to run some data imports, exports, etc, and the easiest way to do this will be to use Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Manager.

Alas, I find myself without access to a Windows server platform OS, and only an XP-based laptop. I have sql 2000 standard edition, and it always complains when I try to install it on XP.

Any ideas?

thanks,
jeremy