internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] should we bring back name tags for the next gathering

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] should we bring back name tags for the next gathering
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 20:36:04 -0400

And, of course, you can always choose not to wear a name tag.

That is the option for True Rebels(tm).

On Apr 25, 2006, at 8:25 PM, Roger Austin wrote:

Tanner Lovelace wrote:
On 4/25/06, uzoma nwosu <uzoma.nwosu AT gmail.com> wrote:

I have a love/hate thing about name tags. But if enough folks ask for them
I'll stop by my favorite supply shop, Office Supplies and More, and get
some. What you guys think?

Name tags are an excellent way to break the ice and actually
get conversations started. I personally think they should be
mandatory at all Internetworkers gatherings!

One way to resolve the issue is to have each person adorn their
own name badge. Burnett's could be a caricature of a small furry
creature. Others could write their names in Urdu or in Mayan
glyphs. Geezer geeks could write out their names in octal or hex
character representations. Now that type of thing would start some
conversations.
Enjoy, Roger