internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Question about <META> description and keywordstags

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Susan LaBarre" <idodesign AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Question about <META> description and keywordstags
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 17:35:21 -0400

Calvin,
Search engines have gotten smarter and generally won't list your page unless
the key words in your meta tags are inside the body of the page at least two
or more times. Where possible, list your most important key words both in
the metatag and in the first paragraph of text that appears on the page.

I didn't think search engines actually built key words for your site. They
only index your site based on key word searches. Many of the search terms
are read from both the meta tags and the text in the alt tags you imbed on
your page.

"foo bar" in the meta tag and inside the document body will it pick up the
terms as a pair.

Susan