internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] CMS question

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "S B" <merlin180 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] CMS question
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 12:36:51 -0500

Hi Kirk,

I too am looking into CMS (and forum systems) for a large site. I haven't actually used anything yet so don't have a direct answer to your question, but am very interested in comparing notes. :)

Based on looking through various forums etc I was thinking of starting out with Joomla, plus vBulletin (and vBridge to integrate the 2),

What issues do you have with Joomla ?

I'm also wondering about using (the free) SMF instead of vBulletin - not sure about the integration of Joomla with SMF

Any idea about these other CMSs ?

- OpenCMS (java)
- SubDreamer
- vBadvance