internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Google shopping in the Triangle?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Greg Brown <gwbrown1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Google shopping in the Triangle?
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:34:16 -0500

The original information came to me from my brother-in-law who
mentioned it in passing. This was last week and the plane is likely
gone by now.

I've been doing some more digging, though. Google already has data
centers in Mountain View, Atlanta, Washington D.C., Chicago, Toronto,
and possibly Kirkland. Given the already close proximity to MAE East
in DC I would be surprised if they were to put another data center in
NC having two so close in Atlanta and D.C.

Granted, we've got a ton of dark fiber around here but I would think
they would go with MAE-Central and stick an office in Dallas before
putting one in North Carolina. But that is pure speculation

But I can still hope! I'd still rather see a full office, though.
With a data center you are likely to only get data center operator
jobs along with some security guards.. maybe a sys admin or two.

Greg