internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] iPod-ready Alpine. Experience?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bill O'Luanaigh (.mac)" <skepticbill AT mac.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: michael AT czeiszperger.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] iPod-ready Alpine. Experience?
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 13:03:49 -0500

On 10/31/05 12:00 PM, "internetworkers-request AT lists.ibiblio.org"
<internetworkers-request AT lists.ibiblio.org> wrote:

> Along with the iPod I bought an Alpine iPod-ready car stereo where
> you can lock the iPod in the glove compartment and control it from
> the stereo controls. My previous cars didn't even have so much as a
> cassette deck so this is a big change.

Hey Michael,

I have an iPod and have been using an FM transmitter in my car, frankly the
sound quality blows. If you ever want to hear what your favorite tunes would
sound like on low-power AM this is a good way to find out.

Anyway, the factory head unit in my car is dying and I just started looking
into replacements that would allow me to run my iPod through. Was looking at
the Alpine systems but the reviews I saw were mixed. I'd love to be able to
control the iPod from the dash but I kept seeing that lag time and display
of certain playlists was dicey.

Which Alpine unit did you go with? Are you happy so far?

Thanks in advance!

-Bill O'Luanaigh-