internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Health Insurance Plans for Small Businesses

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Health Insurance Plans for Small Businesses
  • Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 20:15:00 -0400

On Oct 22, 2005, at 7:21 PM, Colleen McCarthy wrote:

Thanks much! I thought that Blue Advantage was an individual plan... Do
they have a group plan? Thanks again! Colleen

Yes, you can buy it as an individual, but its better than a group plan made up of only people from your company because you're sharing the risk with everyone in a giant group. As I understand it, if you make up a group plan for a small company of 10 people, for example, if one person gets really sick the other nine people have their rates jacked up.

Scarecrows dressed in the latest styles
With frozen smiles to chase love away
Human kindness is overflowing
And I think it's going to rain today