internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Lasik recommendations, and hi!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Diana Duncan <dianaduncan AT entuend.com>
  • To: Greg Brown <gwbrown1 AT gmail.com>, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Lasik recommendations, and hi!
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 15:56:49 -0400

On Oct 5, 2005, at 1:41 PM, Greg Brown wrote:

My wife had lasik from Dr. James Kiley, and she reccomends him.  My
wife was an early adopter of the technology having had her eyes done
in 1999.  At that time Duke had the only laser in the area (Dr. Kiley
has one in-house now) and her eyesight is still 20/20 after having
worn contacts and glases for YEARS (her eyesight was tested yesterday,
actually).  I actually got to watch the proceedure.. it was a trip,
but nothing too over-the-top.

As soon as her eye was lasered she could see.  She was reading all
kinds of things in the laser room and read *every* street sign on the
way home.  Clearly, she was quite happy and still is.

Greg

I went to Kiley's eye center today to get evaluated, and I'm set with a date for the surgery (assuming the final consultation goes well).  I'm sooooo excited, and I'd like to thank everyone for their stories and recommendations.

Diana