internetworkers - [internetworkers] My Comics-Parody Film Got Chosen as an iFilm Pick!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Alex Wilson <alex AT awstudios.net>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] My Comics-Parody Film Got Chosen as an iFilm Pick!
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:57:28 -0400

A South Parkesque short I wrote, animated, and voice-acted earlier this
year:

All's Fair in Love and Police Actions
"You can't spell Demonstrator without Demon and Traitor!"

What if an icon like Marvel's Captain America was to the U.S. government
what Mickey Mouse has been to Disney? Here's what a taxpayer-funded
Steamboat Willy might've looked like during the Vietnam War in 1971.

A few comic-book/superhero injokes, but overall I made the humor pretty
broad and, err, offensive.

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilm/product/film_info/0,3699,2673948,00.html

It was letterboxed and iFilm cut off the sides (damn pan and scan) to make
it fullscreen, but I'm more happy than not that it was chosen. Went up this
morning.

Enjoy or don't. Tell a friend either way.

Alex.

--
http://www.alexwilson.com
http://www.telltaleweekly.org