internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Migrating Thunderbird mail from linux to OS X

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott <catfather AT donpoo.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Migrating Thunderbird mail from linux to OS X
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 00:12:25 -0400

On Aug 3, 2005, at 5:47 PM, Craig Duncan wrote:

I would like to move all existing mail from my Linux/Thunderbird account
to my new mac mini using the OS X mail application, preferably retaining
all my existing folders. Does anyone know of an easy way to do this?
Alternatively, can I migrate to Thunderbird on OS X without loosing any
folder structure?

Mail.app has the ability to import from several different sources, including Mozilla Mail and Thunderbird. Move your existing mail to Mac Thunderbird then import it into Mail.app from the File -> Import menu.

--
Scott <catfather AT donpoo.net>
AIM: BlueCame1