internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] George W. Bush - stoner

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] George W. Bush - stoner
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 14:44:57 -0500

Don Rua wrote:

> [...]

Actually as someone who has been through the process, the questions you are
asked are based on the level of clearance you are given. The most basic
level is something like form SF-85p or the Position of Public Trust
Questionnaire and possibly the SF-85p-s supplement. This is not a clearance
at all, but basically makes sure you are okay to be doing business with or
to hold certain positions of public trust.

On that questionnaire it will ask for the past 7 years. The 85p-s asks a
bit more detail on drugs and breaks out alcohol from drugs and includes a
few more questions such as: Since the age of 16 or in the past 7 years
whichever is shorter, have you ever used drugs... and "Have you ever used
drugs while employed as a law enforcement officer, prosecutor, or while
having a security clearance or while being in a position affecting public
safety. Depending on the dates of drug and alcohol use/abuse, W might have
trouble with a form 85p-s.

On a security clearance form like SF-86 you are again asked for 7 years, but
the investigators can go back 10 or 12 years - or more if they have reason
to. And you are warned up front that anyone of significance in the past 10
years of your life will be interviewed personally or via telephone. In
these cases I think W would have an issue.

On higher level clearances, they may also ask for a "Lifestyle" Polygraph
which will ask something to the effect of "Have you ever used illegal drugs"
and other questions to that effect. They also will ask in depth questions
related to anything that comes up on the exam. Frequently, crimes are
discovered in this process and sometimes even prosecuted. Many companies
warn you of this before you begin the process. I doubt the President has to
take these, but I wonder if his nominees to certain positions shouldn't be
required to given the fate of some recent nominees.

Anyway, for all those interested, these are levels of clearance I can find
on the forms I have here.

1C or 2C - Federal
3C or 4C - Federal
5C or 6C - Federal
ADP 1
ADP 2
CIA Lifestyle Polygraph
COMSEC
CONFIDENTIAL
Cosmic Top Secret - ATOMAL/CTSA
DEA Clearance
DISA
DISCO
DOD
DOD Lifestyle Polygraph
DOD Secret
DOD - Top Secret SSBI
DOE - Nuclear
DOE - C
DOE - L
DOE - Q
DOJ - NACI
DOJ - Sensitive
DOJ - Secret
DOJ - Top Secret
EBI - Extended Background Investigation
FAA Clearance
FBI
Foreign Government Information
Industrial Clearance
Inactive Clearance
Inactive Top Secret Crypto
Interim Secret
Interim Top Secret
Interim TS / SCI
IRS - MBI
ISSA / CISSP
MBI (IRS)
NAC
NASA
NATO
NATO Secret
NSA Lifestyle Polygraph
Position of Public Trust 1C
Position of Public Trust 2C
Position of Public Trust 3C
Position of Public Trust 4C
Position of Public Trust 5C
Position of Public Trust 6C
Polygraph - Counterintelligence
Polygraph - Full Scope / Lifestyle
SAR
S - Secret
Secret COMSEC
Secret SBI
SIDA - Secured Identification Defense Area
SAP - Special Access Programs
SBI - Special Background Investigation
SCI - Special Compartmented Intelligence
SSBI - Single Scope Background Inv.
Technology
TS - Top Secret
Top Secret-Crypto
Top Secret-Crypto SCI / TK / G / HCS-P
Top Secret-Final / Crypto / Polygraph
Top Secret-SCI / SBI
Top Secret-SCI / HSC
Top Secret-SCI / SI / TK
Top Secret-SCI / SI / TK / G / B
Top Secret-SCI / SI / TK / G / HCS
Top Secret-SCI / SIOP
Top Secret-SCI / SSBI
Top Secret-SBI-TS/SBI
Top Secret-CISP-TS/CISP
Top Secret-ISSA-TS/ISSA
Top Secret-SAP-TS/SAP
Top Secret-SCI-CI polygraph-TS/SCI/CI Poly
Top Secret-SCI-Full/Scope Lifestyle-TS/SCI Lifestyle Poly
Top Secret-SCI-TS/SCI
Top Secret-SSBI-TS/SSBI
Top Secret-SCI /SSBI / SI / TK
Top Secret-SCI / TK / G / HCS / CI Poly
Top Secret-SCI / TK / G / Lifestyle Poly
Top Secret-SCI / SSBI / CI Poly
Top Secret-SI / TK / B / +
Top Secret-SSBI / CI Poly
Top Secret-SSBI / SCI / TK / G / HCS
Top Secret-SSBI / Lifestyle Poly
Top Secret-SSBI / SCI
Top Secret-SSBI / SCI/ SI / TK / G
Top Secret-SSBI / SCI / SI / TK / G / B / HCS
Top Secret-SSBI / SCI / TK / HCS
Top Secret-SSBI / SCI-B
Top Secret-EBI
Top Secret-SCI - SI / TK / G / HCS / I / P
Top Secret-CISP - TS / CISP
Top Secret-ISSA - TS / ISSA
Top Secret-SAP - TS / SAP
Top Secret-SCI - CI Poly - TS / SCI / CI Poly
Top Secret-SCI - Full / Scope Lifestyle - TS / SCI Lifestyle
Top Secret-SCI - TS / SCI
Top Secret-SSBI - SCI / TK / B / HCS / CI - Poly
Top Secret-SSBI - TS / SSBI
US Citizen
US Customs
US Treasury Clearance