internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] UK contracting - taxes and border questions

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: thomas <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] UK contracting - taxes and border questions
  • Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 15:13:47 -0500

Craig Duncan wrote:
Finally, make sure you are paid in $US and preferably paid directly to a US
bank.

Actually, you might want to read some credible predictions on the
foreign currency situation. You might want to consider getting paid in
Sterling or Euros instead of dollars (albeit to a U.S. bank). Even Bill
Gates thinks the dollar is going to tank.

A friend of mine in Japan contracted to be paid in dollars, and is now
getting hammered because of the dollar's slide. It may be less critical
if you are not going to live there, but why lose money to W's fiscal
policy ("borrow and spend and spend") if you don't have to?

TaB