internetworkers - [internetworkers] UK contracting - taxes and border questions

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Tony Spencer" <tony AT tonyspencer.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] UK contracting - taxes and border questions
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 14:36:32 -0500

I'm starting a contract for a company based in London. Does anyone have any
experience getting paid from a UK company specifically in regards to dealing
with their taxes and US tax credits? My accountant doesn't seem to want to
touch it.

Also I am going to London on Saturday for two weeks and was planning on
telling their border agents that I'm there for meetings. Is that ok or is a
Visa required for that small amount of time? I have to return once more in
March for another couple of weeks. Should I just declare these to be
sightseeing trips?

Much thanks,
Tony