internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Another One Bites the Dust, Top 5 OS X Software Tools/Utilities

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Alex Wilson <alex AT awstudios.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Another One Bites the Dust, Top 5 OS X Software Tools/Utilities
  • Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 17:51:40 -0500

On 2/3/05 1:21 PM, "Scott Lundgren" <s_l AT mindspring.com> wrote:

> Count me as yet another internetworkers member (am i still a member? This my
> first post in what months?) that has switched. Last night the new 12"
> PowerBooks arrived at the Apple store here in Charlotte (yes, they're at
> Southpoint too I called since I'll be in Durham this weekend) and I bought
> one.
>
> So today's topic: Your top 5 favorite software utilities & add-ons for OS X

Wow. I didn't realize how little I rely on non-free or non-Apple software
anymore until you asked that.

Omni Outliner (list making software)
Transmit FTP
BBEdit
Logitech trackball--if you hate trackpads as much as I do
A Podium Pad--keeps the fans from having to kick in so quickly.

If you purchase any Adobe Software for the Mac (Photoshop, etc) that you had
Windows version of, order direct from Adobe with their cross-platform
upgrades. It's the same price as a regular upgrade.

Alex.

http://www.alexwilson.com - Alex Wilson Studios LLC
http://www.telltaleweekly.org - Funding a Free Audiobook Library