internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Re: What kind of Mac should I get?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Re: What kind of Mac should I get?
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 12:43:34 -0500

On 1/26/05 12:32 PM, "Deborah Ellington" <deborah AT invincigirl.com> wrote:

> Thanks for all the Mac-shopping advice. I've been asked to put in my request
> right away so this is what I'm asking for:
>
> Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHz
> Part Number: Z0AB
> Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5
> 160GB Serial ATA - 7200rpm
> 8x SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW)
> 2GB DDR400 SDRAM (PC3200) - 4x512
>
> Plus a Wacom graphics tablet with a wireless two-button mouse. How come Macs
> are so cool in every way except for the whole one-button non-ergonomic mouse
> thing?

Some people are intimidated by more than one button. If you are not this
sort, I guess Apple figures you are capable of selecting a replacement from
the wide assortment of third party two (or more button) mice. Personally, I
favor Kensington, as I think there mouse driver software is very good (you
can set custom acceleration curves, and set the buttons to do different
things based on the application in the foreground, among other things).

I bought some five button, scroll-wheel equipped, Kensington Optical Elite
mice for the office, for about $15 each (on sale) not too long ago.

David

--
DesignHammer Media Group, LLC : 919.544.0086 : http://www.designhammer.com