internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] God bless pork!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Alan MacHett" <machett AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] God bless pork!
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 13:03:53 -0500 (EST)

In reference to Tony Spencer's message:
> Why do you consider this pork? ...

I don't. It was the phrase that popped to mind at the time. You're
right; it's not porkbarreling, at least not in the obvious sense. I
should have said, "god bless the status quo!", but of course your obvious
response will be akin to "what's wrong with a little conservatism"... :\

My point was that a "little" scandal obviously hasn't hurt them or
deterred Congress from continuing contracts. And, to be clear, it *is*
wasteful; government contracting as a whole is wasteful. But that's a
topic for another thread.

to paraphrase: "gee, I guess Congress isn't all that concerned about the
whole Abu Ghraib thing..."

-A.