internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Google Scholar

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Tom Boucher" <trekkie AT nomorestars.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Google Scholar
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 23:13:41 -0500 (EST)

> My long-standing disdain for Google might come to an end, assuming they
> don't fuck this up: http://scholar.google.com/

Oh my god. Google can be useful for regular things again.

You want to have fun? Search for something like 'Sprint PCS Bluetooth
phone' or anything that could be sold to you, the first 50 pages of Google
are other search engines showing you a list of other search engines..ad
nauseum.

Google used to be a great geek tool and sometimes can be if you're looking
for esoteric things like kernel error messages or something of that
nature. Otherwise it's 50 pages of crap.