internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] why am I not surprised?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Evan Zimmerman <evan.zimmerman AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] why am I not surprised?
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 12:57:11 -0500

> any kid who plays Russian roulette with his health has a character
> issue which you can't teach away.

Wha?!
I think that's exactly what they're there for. If you mean that the
parents haven't done enough to teach, well, that's a shame, but it's
often a reality. That needs addressing too, but not to the detriment
of honest, fact based and real-world-aware teaching. Dismissing those
poorly prepared students out of hand is a bad route to take though I'd
say.

--

Evan

evan.zimmerman AT gmail.com