internetworkers - [internetworkers] GATHERING: 6 Year Anniversary - Dec. 2 @ Tyler's

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Alan MacHett" <machett AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] GATHERING: 6 Year Anniversary - Dec. 2 @ Tyler's
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:42:41 -0500 (EST)

just a quick reminder:

What: Triangle InterNetWorkers Sixth Anniversary and Champagne Jam When:
Thursday December 2, 2004 at 7:00 PM
Where: Tyler's Taproom http://www.tylerstaproom.com/
102 E. Main St.
Carrboro, NC 27510
(919) 929-6881
Who: Everybody!
Why: Because it is time to celebrate!
RSVP: dave AT matusiak DOT org

Over the last few December meetings, we have been having donation drives
- usually books or clothes - and Uzi wanted to do that again this year.
I think this is a good idea, but I've also got a special request. I
recently heard from a fellow Auburn alum who is currently stationed in
Baghdad. He said his group could really use certain items. Most of the
stuff seems mundane, but when you imagine being cut off from any
possibility of getting these things, they take on a whole new importance.

I have begun collecting some of these items and plan to send a package or
two over soon. If anyone would like to have anything included (or wants
to send their own package), then let me know. They could use about
everything from snacks to hygine items. The specific things that they
could use are things like: Razors, Shaving cream, Lotion, Chap stick,
Beef Jerky, Gatorade Powder, Toothpaste, Deodorant, Recently published
books to read, shampoo, soap, laundry detergent.

PARKING: Directly off of Main Street, just past Tyler's, there is one
small parking lot specifically for Tyler's -- which may be full! Next to
this is another parking area for Bank of America. This is another good
place to park after hours. As a last resort, you can park in the large
lots located to the side of and behind Armadillo Grille (just a little
further down Main St.) or at the city lot across S. Greensboro Street
from the Carrboro Century Center.